Data + Markets Workshop
Update: These events are now over. The recordings for them are now available.
Our first workshop will explore the growth of East Africa’s data economy, covering six themes over the course of three half-days.
We have scheduled it as follows:
- 1 September @ 13:00-14:30 EAT: Regulating Data, with Linda Bonyo, Kenneth Muhangi, Prof. Alex B. Makulilo, and Grace Bomu (chair).
- 1 September @ 15:00-16:30 EAT: The Growth of the Data Economy, with Prof. Bitange Ndemo, Alice Munyua, Jumanne Mtambalike, Mercy Ndegwa, and Mercy Mutemi (chair).
- 2 September @ 13:00-14:30 EAT: Data + Money, with Rose Muturi, Joel Muhumuza, Firas Ahmed, Ali Hussein, and Daniel Mwesigwa (chair).
- 2 September @ 17:00-18:30 EAT: Data + Labour, with Dr. Uma Rani, Mumbi Muriuki, Patrick M. Karanja, and Dr. Mohammad Amir Anwar (chair).
- 3 September @ 13:00-14:30 EAT: Digital Identification, Surveillance & Privacy, with Dr. Anja Kovacs, Dorothy Mukasa, Jacqueline Musiitwa, Nanjala Nyabola, and Dr. Isaac Rutenberg (chair).
- 3 September @ 15:00-16:30 EAT: Inclusivity & Equity in Data Economies, with Nichole Yembra, Agostine Ndungu, Ebrima Fatty, Simunza Muyangana, and Dr. Michel Wahome (chair).