Data + Markets Workshop
Update: The recordings for this event are now available.
Our first workshop will explore the growth of East Africa’s data economy, covering six themes over the course of three half-days.
We have scheduled it as follows:
- 1 September @ 13:00-14:30 EAT: Regulating Data, with Linda Bonyo, Kenneth Muhangi, Prof. Alex B. Makulilo, and Grace Bomu (chair).
- 1 September @ 15:00-16:30 EAT: The Growth of the Data Economy, with Prof. Bitange Ndemo, Alice Munyua, Jumanne Mtambalike, Mercy Ndegwa, and Mercy Mutemi (chair).
- 2 September @ 13:00-14:30 EAT: Data + Money, with Rose Muturi, Joel Muhumuza, Firas Ahmed, Ali Hussein, and Daniel Mwesigwa (chair).
- 2 September @ 17:00-18:30 EAT: Data + Labour, with Dr. Uma Rani, Mumbi Muriuki, Patrick M. Karanja, and Dr. Mohammad Amir Anwar (chair).
- 3 September @ 13:00-14:30 EAT: Digital Identification, Surveillance & Privacy, with Dr. Anja Kovacs, Dorothy Mukasa, Jacqueline Musiitwa, Nanjala Nyabola, and Dr. Isaac Rutenberg (chair).
- 3 September @ 15:00-16:30 EAT: Inclusivity & Equity in Data Economies, with Nichole Yembra, Agostine Ndungu, Ebrima Fatty, Simunza Muyangana, and Dr. Michel Wahome (chair).